Can I Cancel My Spouse Conditional Green Card?

Can I Cancel My Spouse Conditional Green Card?

Can I Cancel My Spouse Conditional Green Card?

If your marriage ended in divorce, you might be wondering how to remove your spouse’s conditional green card. Before you begin filing your application, you should review the conditions of your conditional green card to determine what you need to do. Failure to file your application in the designated window will result in you losing your conditional green card. 

Suppose your spouse is in the U.S. on a conditional green card. In that case, you should include the following evidence in your application: wedding invitations, church notices, joint bank accounts, proof of ownership of vehicles, birth certificates for children, etc.


In most cases, yes, you can cancel your spouse’s conditional green card if you’ve filed for divorce or separated. If you’re filing for divorce, make sure to include a valid proof of your divorce. For example, marriage counseling can help you show that your marriage ended in divorce. If your spouse has filed for divorce, make sure to include that evidence as well. This will help the USCIS understand your situation and decide whether cancellation of your spouse’s conditional green card is possible.

Most green card holders do not face deportation or revocation of their permanent resident status. However, fraudulent marriages can cause the revocation of a green card. To avoid this, permanent residents who divorce must file Form I-90, which does not ask questions about their marital status. If you are married to a conditional green cardholder, you must file a separate application.

If you decide to divorce, you must file a petition for the removal of conditions 90 days before the second anniversary of your conditional residence. Failure to file your application within this time frame will result in the denial of your conditional green card. In addition, you will need to submit evidence of your marriage, including wedding invitations, church notices, joint bank statements, proof of joint ownership of vehicles, and birth certificates for children.

After filing for divorce, you must submit your divorce decree to the immigration authorities. In addition, you must file Form I-751 to remove your conditional residency. Your spouse must also complete a waiver of the requirement to file a joint petition. If the conditions are removed, you’ll be able to apply for naturalization after a few years. So, it’s best to wait a year.

Conditions of a conditional green card

If you are married to a U.S. citizen, you may have heard of a Conditional Green Card. These cards grant a foreign national the right to live and work in the U.S. if they meet certain conditions. You may be wondering if you qualify for one. Here is some information to help you determine if you are eligible. Read on to learn more about this critical immigration law.

If your husband or wife has an existing conditional green card, you will need to apply to have the conditions removed. A conditional green card is only valid for two years. You must apply to convert your conditional card to a 10-year green card after this period. You can apply online, mail, or even use FedEx to mail the application. Then, wait for the decision. You will likely hear back from USCIS within ninety days.

If you are the only applicant with the conditional green card, you may qualify to remove the conditions. You must demonstrate that your marriage was in good faith and that the divorce or annulment is final. If your marriage does not end in divorce, you can apply for a waiver for yourself or your dependent children. If you do not have a dependent child, you must show that you were in good faith when you entered the marriage.

You may be eligible for a conditional green card if your spouse is a U.S. citizen. The green card is temporary, so it is important to remember to file your petition to remove the condition before it expires. You must file your petition for an extension within 90 days before the expiry of your conditional green card. After two years, you will be granted a total Green Card.

Convincing USCIS that your marriage was not a fraud to obtain U.S. resident status

The government has a good reason for requiring you to prove your marriage was not a fraud. Unfortunately, many couples fake their marriage for money or friendship. That is how USCIS determines if you’re worthy of citizenship. However, there are a few ways to make USCIS see your marriage as legitimate and not a fraud. Below are some tips to help you prove that your marriage was not a fraud to obtain U.S. resident status.

If you’ve ever been accused of marriage fraud, you probably know how damaging it can be. The federal government will likely deport you if they determine your marriage was a fraud. The best way to overcome this problem is to work with an experienced immigration attorney who will attend your green card interview and defend you against any accusations of fraud. Of course, you’ll need to be honest with the officer, so don’t be afraid to mention the marriage itself.

It’s possible that your divorce decree doesn’t provide for child support, and your spouse doesn’t claim that they have an extramarital relationship. If USCIS discovers that you’re paying child support for a child born to a non-spouse, it could put you in removal proceedings. This can have severe consequences for your immigration status.

In addition, you may be able to convince USCIS that your marriage was not a scam by presenting credible evidence of insanity. A legitimate marriage, but a fraudulent marriage, can cause USCIS to consider you as a fraudulent applicant. In many cases, a USCIS finding of fraud may result from a mistake in the application process or during the interview.

It’s important to understand that a sham marriage is an illegal immigration scheme. If USCIS suspects you of a sham marriage, you’re banned from the country for a long time. In addition, a non-waived conviction of marriage fraud can also result in fines and up to five years in prison. Thus, the best advice is to avoid engaging in a fraudulent marriage in the first place.

Changing your name on your green card after a divorce

Before requesting a name change for your green card, you need to change your name legally. This requires that you obtain certified copies of the divorce decree and marriage certificates. Suppose your marriage certificate is in a language other than English. In that case, you will need to hire a translator to create the translation for you. You may also choose to take legal advice and submit the divorce decree with your application. Changing your name on your green card after a divorce is more uncomplicated than you may think.

After a divorce, you may want to change your name. A divorce decree is a document that the court issues as a final summary of your divorce. This document outlines all the details of the divorce and can be a legal way to change your name. However, the extent of this document varies by state. In many cases, you may be able to change your name back to your maiden name if you have proof that you were previously known as someone else.

When changing your name on your green card after marriage, you must ensure that your former spouse was still a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident. In addition, if your spouse had children, it is essential to prove that they were not abducted or killed. Suppose you are planning on getting married again. In that case, you may want to look into contacting a professional immigration attorney to help you with your green card application. You can also get a free consultation from a Boundless attorney who will help answer your questions about the process.

If your original Permanent Resident Card contains incorrect information, you can file for a new one with the USCIS. You will need to provide proof of your new name and biographical data. It is also necessary to file a new Form SS-5 with your local immigration office. Those with a green card will need to provide original copies of the two documents showing the change of name. This will be considered proof of legality and identity for the new name.